Drug Test - Washington, DC
Whether you're testing your employees, yourself, or a family member, it couldn't be easier. We'll send a barcode authorization by text and email, along with a map to the clinic address. Test results are fast, reviewed by our Medical Review Officer (an MRO), and reported safely and securely online. You can also call (202) 389-9685 with any questions.
Workforce Screening, Digitally Delivered
Types of Drug Tests at our locations in Washington DCHealth Street offers drug testing services such as: 5 panel drug test up to 22 panels, Department of Transportation DOT drug test, rapid results or lab testing, with or without alcohol EtG test included, the option to exclude THC, and more.
Our selection of urine drug testing services and drug screenings allow you to test for nearly any drug consumed in the recent past.
5 Panel Drug Test - $75
This is the traditional, basic urine drug test for street drugs, including:
9 Panel Drug Test - $85
This test includes all of the above plus the following prescription drugs:
10 Panel Drug Test - $89
This is a great option for employment drug testing - it includes well known street drugs and prescription drugs, including all 9 of the ones listed above, plus methaqualone.
***Health Street Recommends 12 Panel***
12 Panel Drug Test - $149
This urine testing panel is an excellent choice and value, and more importantly, it tests for expanded opiates and Ecstasy. This test is a 10 panel plus:
16 Panel Opiate Drug Test - $250
As the opioid epidemic continues to rise and impact Washington, it is important to be aware that many of the dangerous, synthetic opiates are not picked up by lower panel tests. Our 16 panel picks up these 4 additional opiate classes in addition to the drugs included above:
There are many more options. You can view all urine drug screens offered at our Washington DC facilities, which goes up to 22 panels, including specialized tests for synthetic marijuana, bath salts, nicotine, ketamine, rohypnol, and more.
Alcohol Drug TestsAlcohol can be tested through the urine, hair, breath, or blood. Basic urine alcohol tests (12 hour look-back) or EtG urine alcohol tests (3 day look-back) can be added to any of our drug testing panels, or they can be done on a standalone basis. Choose the type of alcohol drug testing that looks back at the specific period of time that matters to you:
- ⇾ Breath Alcohol Tests are the most appropriate tests to use in the workplace if on-the-job alcohol use is suspected, or after any accidents. On-site breathalizers in the Washington DC area are also available for emergencies.
- ⇾ urine EtG Alcohol Tests go back up to 3 days; there's also a less expensive 12 hour urine alcohol test.
- ⇾ PEth Blood Alcohol can tell if someone has been drinking over the past 3 weeks
- ⇾ Hair EtG Test is a hair follicle alcohol test that goes back 3 months
DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing - Washington DC
Hair Follicle Drug Testing Washington DC ✂Hair drug tests can detect drug or alcohol use for a far greater period of time - 90 days - than a standard urine drug test. Hair drug testing is performed at our drug testing places. We cut a small amount of either head hair or body hair. The hair is analyzed by our testing laboratory.
Hair Test Options
StaffGlass™... the Employer eResults PortalEmployers get free access to premium customer service by phone and our award winning online StaffGlass™ portal. Once securely logged into StaffGlass™, business users can set up their drug testing program, including:
- ⇾ Securely order pre-employment, random, post-accident, or reasonable suspicion drug testing
- ⇾ View fastest results
- ⇾ Order and view eSignature employee documents such as policies and procedures, job applications, and more
- ⇾ Setup a random drug testing pool or a drug-free workplace program, and add or remove staff to be included
- ⇾ Order an Employment Background Check and view reports
- ⇾ Access our national network of 5000 drug testing locations anywhere in the United States
- ⇾ Register staff for occupational health services
About Health Street's Washington DC clinics:Health Street has provided drug testing in Washington, Washington DC since April of 2014. From then until now, our Washington facilities have completed 231 drug tests for local and nationwide employers.
Washington DC Laws Regarding THC and Drug TestingWashington DC, has a population of approximately 710,000, has 68 square miles of land and water. Only 61 miles of land are available, making this area the most dense in the nation. The rate of opioid related deaths has been increasing over the years relative to the national average. The national average is 13.3 opioid related deaths per 100,000 persons compared with Washington, DC, with 30 deaths per 100,000 persons. Fentanyl and synthetic cannabinoids (also known as K2 or Spice) have been changing the Washington DC drug landscape. Some employers don't know to include these drugs in their testing panels, but they would be wise to do so.
THC is legal for recreational or medical use in Washington, DC. However, it is not permitted to be sold and there are no licensed vendors. A confusing Washington DC law on the city's books states that pre-employment drug testing for marijuana is prohibited, but a closer reading of the regulation indicates that it is the "pre-employment" part of the test that is prohibited, as opposed to the cannabis test. In other words, an employment drug screening can only be required after an offer has been made to a job candidate, rather than basing an offer on the successful completion of the pre-employment drug test.
Federal Offices in Washington DCWashington, DC is filled to the brim with federal government workers. As the nation's capital, many people that work there are either politicians or politically affiliated workers. Thus, the unemployment rate is below the national average, at 3.4% a whole 0.5% lower than the national average. This is most likely due to the fact that while needing workers for industry, such as food, commerce, sales, etc., they also need extra workers for an industry that is not necessarily needed anywhere else in the country; Political workers. Each politician needs its own staff, office, and more; resulting in the demand for workers. Hence, that creates the tightly knit job conditions.
Visiting or Relocating to Washington DC?Life is more than just politics in our nation's capital. They have all the perks of an urban area, while still maintaining its own separate atmosphere in each neighborhood. Each neighborhood has their own distinct personality, as people have block parties, hang out at dog parks, and create a mood of a connected, smaller community. Outside the city, residents can do activities such as hiking, camping, and boating.
Washington DC DNA TestingHealth Street also offers DNA and paternity tests in Washington DC.
Clinic Hours and Information
Some of the Neighborhoods that we serve around Washington DC
- Capitol Hill
- Dupont Circle
- Northwest Washington
- Navy Yard
- Adams Morgan
- Southwest Washington
- Washington City
- “District Of Columbia Population 2019.” District Of Columbia Population 2019 (Demographics, Maps, Graphs), worldpopulationreview.com/states/district-of-columbia-population/.
- “Synthetics: The next Chapter in the D.C. Region's Drug Crisis.” D.C. Policy Center, www.dcpolicycenter.org/publications/synthetic-drugs-dc-region/.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. “Washington D.C. Opioid Summary.” NIDA, 28 Feb. 2018, www.drugabuse.gov/opioid-summaries-by-state/washington-dc-opioid-summary.
- “How to Get a Job in Washington.” U.S. News & World Report, U.S. News & World Report, realestate.usnews.com/places/district-of-columbia/washington/jobs.
- “Bourbon Facts.” Kentucky Distillers Association, kybourbon.com/bourbon_culture-2/key_bourbon_facts/.