Hair Drug Tests
A hair follicle drug test is a forensic toxicology test that identifies if someone has ingested drugs in the past 5 to 90 days. The hair test detection period is far greater than a urine test, which typically detects drug and alcohol use for about a week. Hair tests should be used to identify repeated, chronic, or binge usage over an extended time frame. Hair testing is a newer methodology, but is becoming more and more popular among employers and court systems, due to the extensive look-back period that it offers. If a person does not have enough head hair, then body hair may be used for this test. Health Street conducts hair drug tests at 2500+ locations nationwide. Register at (888) 407-7650.
About Hair Drug Tests
What is a Hair Follicle Drug Test?>
Pros and Cons of Hair Drug Tests>
- - Longer look back than urine test (up to 90 days or more)
- - Very difficult to cheat (we cut the hair right from the person’s head or body)
- - Less mess than a urine test
- - If person has no head or body hair, then the test can’t be done
- - Bleached hair is a less stable reservoir of drug metabolites than untreated hair
- - The look back period on body hair can vary from person to person. For example, some studies show darker hair retains drugs better than lighter hair
Are Hair Drug Tests effective?>
How Does Hair Testing Work?>
Second Hand Smoke>
How long does it take for results?>
Why use Health Street for hair drug testing?>
Health Street’s hair follicle drug tests are always reviewed by one of our certified Medical Review Officers (MROs) prior to the release of results, which allows people who are taking prescribed medication a chance to prove those medications to our doctors. Legally prescribed medications that are taken consistent with the prescribed dosage will be listed as “negative” on the final report.
You are encouraged to discuss your drug testing requirements with one of our professional representatives. We can assist you in the development, design and implementation of a hair drug testing program that will meet your company, personal, or court-related objectives. Just call (888) 407-7650 for assistance.