Drug Test - Amarillo, TX
Whether you're testing your employees, yourself, or a family member, it couldn't be easier. We'll send a barcode authorization by text and email, along with a map to the clinic address. Results are fast, reviewed by our MRO, and reported safely and securely online. You can also call (806) 340-0838 with any questions.
Workforce Screening, Digitally Delivered
Drug Testing at our Amarillo TX clinics:Health Street has the largest selection of drug testing and employment screening services in Amarillo. Employers can access our services to set up a drug free workplace, families can get court ordered drug testing, and attorneys and private individuals can register for non-DOT drug tests, Department of Transportation (DOT) drug tests, and more.
Available Testing Methods
- Learn about our Hair Follicle Drug Tests
- See a full list of our Urine Drug Testing services, including:
- Choose from our Alcohol Testing options (such as breathalyzer, EtG test, or PEth blood alcohol)
- About our Court Ordered Drug Testing
- Learn about Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance:
eResults portal for Employers: StaffGlass™Business users get access to the amazing StaffGlass™ portal. When logged in, human resources and other company executives can:
- ⇾ Register for drug or alcohol tests for pre-employment, post-accident, random, or reasonable suspicion. You can find a location in Amarillo TX or pick from our lab testing locations anywhere in the United States; you can order your test online, view results, and check status of all tests
- ⇾ Set up Employment Background Check and view results
- ⇾ Register staff for Occupational Health Services
- ⇾ Manage eSign documents related to the testing process
- ⇾ Setup a random pool, add or remove staff, update staff employment status
About Health Street's Amarillo TX clinics:The first drug test Health Street performed in Amarillo, Texas was back in August of 2012. Since then, our Amarillo clinic locations have completed 179 local drug screenings for our nationwide business clients.
Drug Abuse in Amarillo TX: Stats and TrendsThere are quite a few drug abuse issues within Potter County, the county where Amarillo is located, particularly with methamphetamines. The Police Chief recently indicated that the Meth problem is "out of control." Roughly 75 to 80 percent of burglaries here are connected to the high rate of crystal methamphetamine drug addiction. Some studies have shown that the average cost of one gram of meth is about 100 dollars. That makes it a relatively low cost "high". Because there are few high paying jobs in Amarillo, the combination of low cost crystal meth with those economic realities is troubling.
Economy, Jobs, and Industry in Amarillo TXThe meat packing industry is one of the largest employers in Amarillo, providing up to a quarter of America's beef supply. The largest employer here, since 2005, has been Tyson Foods with roughly 3,700 employees. The land of Amarillo is mainly comprised of agriculture, with crops such as corn, wheat, and cotton. Farming is also a major industry.
Life in Amarillo for Residents and VistorsWith a population of 197,823 people, the city is quite suburban, with roughly 61 percent of the people that live here owning their homes. It is also on the lower cost side, with the median rent being $813 and the average home being valued at $123 thousand dollars. Amarillo is largely middle class with an average household income of $51 thousand dollars per year.
Amarillo TX DNA TestingHealth Street also offers DNA and paternity tests in Amarillo TX.
Clinic Hours and Information
- “Abilene Regional Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse - Abilene, Texas.” ARCADA, arcadatx.org/.
- Beilue, Jon Mark, and Jon Mark Beilue. “Amarillo Police Chief: Meth Problem 'out of Control'.” Amarillo Globe-News, Amarillo Globe-News, 12 Mar. 2017, www.amarillo.com/news/local-news/2017-03-11/amarillo-police-chief-meth-problem-out-control.
- Resident, Current. “Living in Amarillo.” Niche, 12 Aug. 2018, www.niche.com/places-to-live/amarillo-potter-tx/.